The history of this rich oil reveals references to the benefits of grapeseed oil dating back more than 3,000 years. Known for its rejuvenating properties, European healers used the oil extracted from grape seeds to treat eye and many skin diseases.
Grapeseed oils seems to be going through a renaissance with research unveiling that the oil pressed from grapes can possess antioxidants (among other things), with benefits especially for the skin.
Below is a list of our top 5 grapeseed oil skincare benefits:
1. Excellent moisturizing properties: grapeseed oil has excellent moisturizing, protective and nourishing properties; as a “dry” oil, it absorbs readily into skin without leaving any greasy residue and is perfect for all skin types.
2. Rich in antioxidants: Antioxidants offer protection against oxidative damage while increasing/maintaining the levels of antioxidant molecules in vivo (within the living body.) Studies show that the antioxidant power of Proanthocyanidins (a prominent antioxidant in grapeseed oil) is 20 times higher than that of vitamin C and 50 times higher than vitamin E.
3. Astringent properties: The astringent properties of grapeseed oil will stimulate biological tissues to contract and draw together. This tightening effect helps tone the skin and close up the pores, thus helping avoid clogging that leads to pimples. People with oily skin can especially benefit from this.
4. Stimulates skin cell regeneration: Grapeseed oil is rich in linoleic acid levels which can help replenish and repair skin cells. Linoleic acid is an essential fatty acid that is quite important for the skin and cell membranes.
5. Relieves dark circles: with regular application, grapeseed oil can completely eliminate the appearance of dark circles caused by sun exposure and dehydration.
When researching what substance should be the primary carrier oil in our EYSE eye cream, grapeseed oil was a no brainer.
Click here to discover the other ingredients in our EYSE eye cream that will help turn back the skin’s age clock.